God My Rock

I guess there’ve been a few people asking after the lyrics to this song. It’s called God my rock, and it’s coming out on our live record of the same name in October – God willing! Here are the lyrics below. thanks for asking :)

God my rock
brenton brown/paul baloche

When my heart is overwhelmed
I will look to You alone
God my rock, God my rock, God my rock
You will stand when others fall
You are faithful through it all
God my rock, God my rock, God my rock

In the blessing, in the pain
through it all You’ve never failed me

You are the strength of my heart
You are the strength of my heart
I can rely on You, I can rely on You
You are the joy of my life
You are my song in the night
There is no one as true
Jesus I trust in You

When I’ve struggled to believe
You have not let go of me
God my rock, God my rock, God my rock
Carried through the darkest storms
You have held me in Your arms
God my rock God my rock God my rock

7 Responses

• Barry Westman wrote on June 4, 2012

Can't wait to hear it! Words are great! Perfect for what I'm going through right now!

• Anna wrote on June 27, 2012

I heard you sing this at Dare2Share in Chicago and have been searching for it ever since! I absolutely love it, and it spoke to me in ways I never knew were possible! Thank you for that! :)

• Richard White wrote on July 25, 2012

Brenton - thanks for posting, and thanks so much for writing this, and singing this at the Christian Musician Summit in Buffalo in May.. The song has been going through my head since that time and has been such an encouragement to me given some circumstances I've been going through this past year... Blessings! Richard.(Ottawa Canada)

• Teri Gann wrote on July 30, 2012

Cant wait to hear the entire new CD. Im also hoping the T=shirts and maybe Gear Stickers will also be available. Im also waiting on Fly Worship T'shirts!!! Thank you Brenton for all you do for the Lord!! Teri G

• Gudrun Hofling wrote on August 2, 2012

Thanks for the lyrics! What are the chords? Can't wait to play and sing it :)

• Francesca wrote on August 11, 2012

Heard you sing this at creation fest in cornwall! can't wait for it to come out, such great words!

• Annette Granger wrote on October 31, 2012

We introduced "God My Rock" to our church several weeks back, and used it in all services 2 weeks in a row. We rehearsed it again last night for this Sunday again; so looking forward to playing and singing it in worship service again! Our church knew it right away, and began singing like they'd always known it ... praise God, I love this song! God be Glorified!!